United States District Court – Central District of California
*** READ THIS WEBSITE CAREFULLY: YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS ARE AFFECTED WHETHER YOU ACT OR DO NOT ACT ***
A federal court authorized this website. This is not a solicitation from a lawyer.
You may be eligible to receive payments from a settlement in a class action lawsuit if you:
Signed an Independent Contractor and/or Owner Operator Agreement (either in your individual capacity or as the owner of a business entity) with Dynamex Operations West, Inc., TForce Final Mile West, LLC, TForce Logistics West, LLC, BeavEx, Inc., or JNJW Enterprises, Inc., Velocity Express Leasing, Inc., or Velocity Express, LLC or signed an Owner Operator Agreement (either in your individual capacity or as the owner of a business entity) with Subcontracting Concepts CT, LLC (SCI) after December 31, 2019;
Were based in California;
Personally performed at least one delivery in California through Dynamex Operations West, Inc., TForce Final Mile West, LLC, or TForce Logistics West, LLC, from February 15, 2015 through November 15, 2022, where the delivery was not performed on an indirect basis through your engagement or association with a Delivery Service Professional (DSP), Master Contractor, Agent, Carrier, or other form of contractor; and
Did not have more than one indirect driver working or associated with you at the same or different times from February 15, 2015 through November 15, 2022.
• This class action Settlement will resolve a lawsuit that alleged claims for independent contractor misclassification; reimbursement of job related-expenses; unpaid wages and deductions from pay; failure to provide off-duty meal and rest periods, and related claims for penalties and interest under California law, made on behalf of certain drivers who made certain deliveries through Dynamex Operations West, Inc., TForce Final Mile West, LLC, or TForce Logistics West, LLC, in California from February 15, 2015 to November 15, 2022.
• All the claims at issue in this lawsuit and the Settlement described on this website below stem from a dispute as to whether the drivers were misclassified as “independent contractors” instead of “employees” under California law.
• The Settlement provides monetary compensation for certain drivers’ claims under California law. It is a resolution of disputed claims. The Defendants deny that they violated any law.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND OPTIONS IN THIS LAWSUIT
Receive compensation, but lose rights to sue separately.
If you do nothing, you will receive compensation for the claims asserted in this lawsuit. You will also give up any rights to sue the Defendants separately about the same claims that were or could have been alleged in this lawsuit.
Ask to be Excluded
Get no compensation. Keep rights to sue separately.
If you ask to be excluded from the Settlement you will not receive any compensation through the Settlement, but you will retain the right to file a claim separately. However, please be aware that there are time limits for you to file a claim separately.
Comment or Object
Tell the Court why you like or don’t like the Settlement.
You must remain a member of the lawsuit to comment or object to the Settlement. This means you cannot object to the Settlement if you also are asking to be excluded from it.
• These rights and options—and the deadlines to exercise them—are explained on this website.
• The Court in charge of this case still must decide whether to approve the Settlement. The payments described on the Notice will be made to you only if the Court approves the Settlement and after all appeals, if any, are resolved.
• The Final Approval Order was granted on April 3, 2023. The Settlement Administrator has begun issuing payments to Class Members. Distribution payment checks were released on June 15, 2023 to the address we have on file.
This website is authorized by the Court, supervised by counsel and controlled by Kroll Settlement Administration LLC, the Settlement Administrator approved by the Court. This is the only authorized website for this case.